Note: This story saw some development time during December 2009, but due to problems with bug watches not being updated consistently, this story will continue development after our efforts to deliver reliable bug syncing. (This was decided late December 2009.)
- Drivers: To Be Determined
What follows is the notes Deryck has from discussions at UDS (unedited, except for wiki-fying).
- Bug prompts for triage help
- Based on triage state, or what's missing?
- if nothing but base bug, a generic "help triage" appears
- otherwise, prompts for specific missing info
- Can you confirm this bug? (me too's, confirmed status)
- Why do we have a confirmed status? Do we need it still?
We still need a state between Incomplete and Triaged, but see bug #569298 for an idea. -- bryce
- Steps to reproduce the bug?
- Add DB field for this (?)
- Update after description is updated and they confirm
- Yes - having itemized steps to reproduce is one piece of 'bug quality' -- bryce
- Does this affect "PROJECT"?
- Need to get upstream link simpler and easier to expose, which makes this step nicer.
- Biggest issues for most users are a) where to go to upstream the bug, and b) why do I have to register with ANOTHER bug tracker?? -- bryce
- Custom questions supplied by PROJECT?
- Should not be subjective. yes/no
- Yes - choose-your-own-symptom style is good - see apport-symptom as a prototype of concept -- bryce
- Should be possible to select from a set of standard tags for the source package in question (symptoms, platform, releases affected, etc.) -- bryce
- Can you fix this?
Could assign to them (conflict ensues maybe)
- No - better is to provide links to IDE / ground-control or other docs for getting into bug-fixing -- bryce
- Steps to fix (?)
- Is there a branch? A patch?
- Provide thanks feedback (and karma points added)
- Bug rings (if you want to keep confirming)
(So Q&A box on page changes as you walk through these steps.)
- Who do we prompt?
- (all users, certain users depending on state of triage)
- USER.is_bug_contributor vs. anyone ?
- What does this look like on search page?
- How does heat relate?
- Bug is fwd'ed upstream
- Or bug is fixed in Ubuntu
- Or bug is invalid/won't fix
- apologies for the locked down file, will see about making public
- Display the number of affected users [DONE]
Create the Q&A dialog widget in lazr-js
- Follow up with Jono L./Curtis about flatter link between project and upstream
- Integrate dialog into LP asking the first question
- "Can you confirm this bug?"
- Tick affected users, update links on page
- Dialog disappears (or moves to next question)
- DB fields added, if needed
flag for turning off Q&A dialogs ?
- a "steps to reproduce" field ?
- custom question machinary ?
- Complete any remaining design questions
- i.e. be sure of the questions to add at this point
- Finish implementing remaining questions
- Polish based on stake-holder feedback
- Need to file bugs for each known step of this
- Need to tag appropriate bugs with story-bug-q-and-a