Bug Patch Tracking is not one of the main stories under development by the Launchpad Bugs team for what is being called Launchpad v4.0. However, after discussions at UDS, based on the amount of work required and the importance of this work for the story of bridging the gap, this story has been taken on in addition to other work.
What follows are notes compiled by Deryck from UDS and various conversations around patch tracking.
Tag bugs to be handled in this work with story-patch-report
- To distinguish between any other patch-tracking bug
- Will begin work with bug 172507, "show patch icon or notification on the comments page"
- need icon from bueno
- need new "Patches" portlet for bug page
- Are their other ways to incorporate display of patches into search listings better?
- Maybe a "bugs with patches" in the "filters" portlet on a project's bugs home page?
- maybe add a "show patch age" flag (or whatever it's called), which would show this new column in any listing?
- Or show the page age if people select show with patches?
- bug 172507, "show patch icon or notification on the comments page"
- Get agreement about design of +patches page
- bug listing columns
- traversal to get to +patches
- Determine how much of the external tracker part of the story can be done
- Implement +patches view
- Expose any search additions
- Expose in bug listings
- Consider patch tracking done
- Any remaining bits must land week 1 here
- Polish based on stake-holder feedback rest of cycle
- Triage bugs tagged with patch-tracking to see what makes this development effort
- Add story-patch-project, per agreement with Karl Fogel about the use of this tag