Showing you what you need to do, what you could do and what you are waiting on.
On Launchpad: Link to a blueprint, milestone or (best) a bug tag search across launchpad-project
As a user of Launchpad
I want to easily and quickly find out what I should do next
so that I can work efficiently on my projects, without maintaining a lot of unnecessary mental or external state
Why are we doing this now?
What value does this give our users? Which users?
- Jonathan Lange
Constraints and Requirements
What MUST the new behaviour provide?
Nice to have
What MUST it not do?
Out of scope
Other LaunchpadEnhancementProposals that form a part of this one.
What are the workflows for this feature? Even a short list can help you and others understand the scope of the change. Provide mockups for each workflow.
You do not have to get the mockups and workflows right at this point. In fact, it is better to have several alternatives, delaying deciding on the final set of workflows until the last responsible moment.
How will we know when we are done?
How will we measure how well we have done?
As many ideas as possible
- Bugs in progress
- Bugs assigned
- Bugs that affect me
- Bugs that block me
- Reviews I need to do etc. (+activereviews)
- Bugs reported / affecting *that are incomplete*
- "Things to do"? "Things you are interested in"
- See translations that need review that you can review
- Failing builds
- MUST DO vs COULD DO vs WAITING ON
- Mailing list moderation
- Team membership requests
- Polls awaiting your vote
- Notifications from Launchpad
- e.g. downtime
- For administrators, project moderation etc.
- Nominations for release
- Work items
- Questions that need info
- Feedback requests for blueprints
- Questions assigned
- Key dates (milestones, sprints)
- Open branches
- CVE requests if security contact
- Derived data that we could show
- Bug statuses over time
- Branch statuses over time
- MP statuses over time
- How much karma I earned (recently)
- Progress indicator
- Comparison to average "velocity"
- e.g. "13% above your personal average"
- Translation progress over time
What's the difference between team & individual dashboard?
- What's interesting to me across Launchpad?
- Stuff about me
- Project, distro, distroseries
- We could...
- Replace home page for logged in users
- What projects do I work on?
- Design my "global" (root) dashboard
- Include "How popular is Launchpad" stats
- Person pages (e.g. "/~jml") become a profile
- Need to think about anonymous vs logged in
- Where do team dashboards hang?
- Avoid clutter
- Activity walls
- People who work on X also work on Y
- People who work on X and are in the same city
- For each $THING
- About this $THING
- What's happening on $THING
- What can I do on $THING
- In general, TWO AXES
- Area: project, distro, source package, global
- Subject: me, team, other person, global