Bug Patch Tracking is not one of the main stories under development by the Launchpad Bugs team for what is being called Launchpad v4.0. However, after discussions at UDS, based on the amount of work required and the importance of this work for the story of bridging the gap, this story has been taken on in addition to the work being done for BugHeat and Bug Q&A.
The best way to see where things stand is probably to look at bugs with these tags:
Schedule and Plans
3.1.12 (December, 2009)
- bug 172507, "show patch icon or notification on the comments page" [DONE]
- added new icon from beuno to patches on the bug page
- bug 344054, "patches and attachments should be listed separately in bug reports" [DONE]
- added new "Patches" portlet for bug page
- Get agreement about design of +patches page [DONE]
- according to spec, bug listing columns for page should be: "bug number, summary, importance, status, package, and patch age"
- Deryck and Jorge agreed this would be added to pillars, people, and packages like +bugs to cover various views of this data
- Determine how much of the external tracker part of the story can be done [DONE]
10.01 (January, 2010)
- Implement +patches view
- Expose patches in bug listings and other pages
- (maybe) Patches don't only appear as attachments -- they can appear in branches too. E.g., if a bug has a branch attached, autodetect when that branch gets commits and the bug goes to "fix released" or something, then that should count as a patch.
10.02 (February, 2010)
- Consider patch tracking done
- Any remaining bits must land week 1 here
- Polish based on stake-holder feedback rest of cycle
For this story to be feature complete, we need to pull information about patches in external trackers into Launchpad and make this info available as part of our patch report. This is more than what can be done in the next couple months while delivering the other stories for the 4.0 cycle. Some of this work has been done, but the rest will be re-considered sometime after April, 2010.
Bugs related to external patch tracking are collected here: