How to offset my contributions
This page gives some guidance on how to offset your additions to the Launchpad code base by tackling some tech-debt reduction project to comply with the policy.
- Convert a doctest into unit tests
- Convert tests that use sample data to use the factory
Although both of these probably wouldn't affect the LOC, they do make for more maintainable tests and could be considered as appropriate payment for patches.
Bugs tagged tech-debt are usually a good place to start.
- remove the massive duplication between modules in the blueprints subsystem; last time lifeless checked about 30% of the code in there was verbatim copies between different contexts.
- move most of utilities/* to the lpdevtools project - thats 6K LOC on its own
extract poppy to a separate project (it no longer needs to talk to the DB, so has no need to be part of LP) (now lp:txpkgupload)
- delete all uses of memcache except for the one for the blog on the front page
- extract testopenid to a separate project that can be reused by other projects
do the duplicate code part of bug #531720
bug #708736 (should pay for itself via test cleanups)