The Ready-to-Code Checklist
If you can answer every question on this list clearly and convincingly, then you are ready to code. If an answer is "no", provide a compelling reason as to why.
- What is it?
- Why you are doing this now?
- Who is this for?
- What value this will bring to our users?
- Do you have a list of representative users / stakeholders? Have you talked to them?
- What are the constraints on possible solutions?
- Have you talked to another Launchpad hacker about this?
- Do you have a list of the UI workflows for the feature?
- Do you have mockups for these workflows?
- How will you know when you're done?
- How will you know how well you did it?
- How will you resource ongoing maintenance of that which you are about to do?
If you need to answer these in a more formal fashion, or at some length, use the LaunchpadEnhancementProposalProcess.