Not logged in - Log In / Register





[15:00] <bac> #startmeeting
[15:00] <MootBot> Meeting started at 09:00. The chair is bac.
[15:00] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
[15:00] <abentley> me
[15:00] <bac> here?
[15:00] <sinzui> me
[15:00] <deryck> me
[15:00] <jtv> me
[15:00] <bac> danilo sends regrets
[15:01] <bac> as does noodles
[15:01] <rinze> me
[15:01] <jtv> abel is temporarily unavailable
[15:01] <bac> bigjools: ping
[15:01] <bigjools> me
[15:02] <bac> gmb is unavailable i think?
[15:02] <deryck> yes, he is.
[15:02] <bac> mars, gary, leonardr: ping
[15:03] <gary_poster> sorry on call but will follow
[15:03] <bac> hi flacoste
[15:03] <flacoste> me
[15:03] <flacoste> hi
[15:03] <bac> [topic] agenda
[15:03] <MootBot> New Topic:  agenda
[15:03] <bac> * Roll call
[15:03] <bac>  * Agenda
[15:03] <bac>  * Outstanding actions
[15:03] <bac>  * New topics
[15:03] <bac>  * Peanut gallery
[15:04] <bac> there is not anything on the agenda today so we may be able to make this very brief.
[15:05] <bac> the only outstanding action is the one inherited by lifeless regarding and  i mentioned it to him in an email last week but did not follow up in person.  so it'll stay on.
[15:05] <bac> does anyone have any other items to discuss?
[15:05]  * bac looks at +activereviews
[15:06]  * deryck hides
[15:06]  * bac sees a few approved but unlanded branches.
[15:06] <bac> rinze: can you comment on
[15:06] <ubot5>
[15:07] <bac> approved back in april
[15:07] <rinze> bac: It was a drive-by fix that I did back then that failed with a strange test isolation problem that I didn't manage to nail down.
[15:07] <bac> rinze: so are you abandoning it?
[15:08] <jtv> orbital junk
[15:08] <jtv> ?
[15:08] <rinze> bac: I intend to, we discussed it earlier and decided it wasn't worthwile spending more time on. Perhaps it will be easier to debug once the improvements to handling OOPSes in the testsuite that Tim brought up on the mailing list earlier land.
[15:09] <rinze> I'll mark it as abandoned for now, we can always dig it up again later.
[15:09] <bac> rinze: ok
[15:09] <bac> jtv: are you doing reviews today?
[15:09] <jtv> bac: no, I'm sprinting—but abel did grab me for one review
[15:10] <bac> jtv: ah, ok, didn't know you are sprinting.  staying warm i hope.
[15:10] <jtv> quite
[15:10] <bac> i'll try to do some today.  we're getting a number of pending and the OCR pool is hit pretty hard the rest of the week
[15:11] <bac> so the floor is open for new topics
[15:11] <bac> guess there are none so we can end really early.
[15:12] <bigjools> what happened to the doctest definition?
[15:12] <bac> if you have some spare cycles this week please consider grabbing a branch off of +activereviews
[15:12] <adeuring> me
[15:12] <bac> bigjools: i updated the wiki page and had discussions with sinzui and abentley.
[15:13] <bigjools> oh cool, which page?
[15:13]  * bac looks
[15:13] <bigjools> I didn't see any email about it, unless it got caught with spam
[15:14] <bac> bigjools:
[15:14] <bigjools> cheers
[15:14] <bac> bigjools: the short of it is we have a lot of doctests that are doing way too much
[15:15] <bac> registry page tests in particular.  a lot of that testing should be functional testing but it is tech debt to get them cleaned up
[15:15] <bigjools> no need to tell me that, I work in soyuz code :/
[15:15] <bac> browser tests, in particular
[15:16] <bac> so i've tried to express that in my changes to that wiki page
[15:16] <bigjools> I'm going to re-read it, thanks
[15:16] <bac> and we can discuss in the future, though it'll be preaching to the choir, i think
[15:17] <bac> anything else?
[15:17] <bac> ok, thanks.
[15:17] <bac> #endmeeting
[15:17] <MootBot> Meeting finished at 09:17.


[22:40] <bac> hey thumper and rockstar
[22:42] <thumper> hi bac
[22:42] <thumper> bac: rockstar is still in prague
[22:42] <bac> hi thumper.  nothing much happened in the euro meeting today so unless you have something i suggest we skip it
[22:42] <thumper> skip it is my vote
[23:31] <mwhudson> hooray for skipping

ReviewerMeeting20100721 (last edited 2010-08-04 13:33:41 by bac)