Launchpad entry: soyuz-upload-queue-ui-improvements
Created: 2009-07-29 by MichaelNelson
Depends on: n/a
Page purpose and use-cases Upload queue page purpose and use-cases
Summary: We want to enable Archive Administrators to bulk-review larger batches of uploads - using keyboard navigation if desired - organising all the relevant information for the decision in the one place and providing all the required functionality of the current ftpmaster-tools queue script.
Current goals (still fluctuating. Once these have settled, add a bug for each):
- Restructure the uploads listed so that they are grouped by source-package-release (and ordered by the most-recent upload of the group).
- Enable larger batching by expanding the binary uploads via ajax.
- Add a 'Select all' option for each source-package-release group as well as a master at the top of the page.
- Add an 'Expand all' option for each source-package-release group as well as a master at the top of the page (to be confirmed).
- Add keyboard commands and access-keys to ensure that the normal workflows can be achieved smoothly via keyboard.
- Add in-line upload rejection to facilitate bulk accepting (to be confirmed).
We will know we have finished when...
...archive administrators prefer the Launchpad queue UI over the ftpmaster-tools queue script.
There have been a number of UI refactorings for the upload queue page, but so far we have not managed to provide archive administrators with something with which they are happy to use.
A mock to come...
In this section list out any issues which are unresolved and will impact or block the implementation of this spec.