Name: Stakeholders Bug Escalation Process
Owner: Launchpad Project Lead (flacoste)
Experiment Underway: None
Launchpad stakeholders' can request escalation of bugs. That raises their importance Critical and will be worked on by the maintenance squad at the earliest convenience.
- We want to limit the demands on the Launchpad team to match its capacity in order to ensure a good development flow.
- We want to make sure that Launchpad resources are best used for the whole of Canonical.
- We want to help our stakeholders understand each other's needs.
- The Launchpad lead emails the stakeholders' list when there is an empty
- slot on the escalated bugs queue.
- Tag bugs with escalated tag.
- Launchpad Project Lead (moderator)
- Launchpad Product Strategist
Bugs Acceptability Criteria
The fix must require a small (<2 weeks of development time) to fix.
- There must be room on the escalated list (max 5 bugs).
- Stakeholders representative can ask for any particular bug to be escalated.
- They send an email to the stakeholders list with a justification for the escalation.
- If the request is acceptable, the Project Lead:
- Raises the bug's priority to Critical.
- Adds the 'escalated' tag to the bug.
- Adds a comment to the bug explaining when the bug was escalated and by whom.
- Acknowledge the request.
- If the request isn't acceptable, the Project Lead declines the escalation with the reason why it's not acceptable.
- A stakeholders can always de-escalated a bug to make room for another one.