Name: Stakeholders Meeting
Owner: Launchpad Project Lead (flacoste)
Effective: 2010-05-21 (on hold)
Experiment Underway: None
Every month Launchpad stakeholders meet to decide what the Launchpad team should work on next.
With Launchpad being in maintenance-mode, this process is effectively on hold. Use the bug escalation process for any requests.
- We want to limit the demands on the Launchpad team to match its capacity in order to ensure a good development flow.
- We want to make sure that Launchpad resources are best used for the whole of Canonical.
- We want to help our stakeholders understand each other's needs.
- A meeting date scheduled a month in advance
New items to put on the Next queue.
- Launchpad Project Lead (moderator)
- Launchpad Product Strategist
- Representative from
- Ubuntu Engineering
- Ubuntu Community
Professional & Engineering Services
- Online Services
- Product Strategy
(The current participants is held on the meeting page.
At least 7 days before the next meeting, the Project Lead:
ensures that the Stakeholders board is up to date based on the current status of each items.
determines the number of free slots in the Next queue.
updates the next meeting wiki page with the state of the In progress and Next queues.
sends an email to the stakeholders list detailing:
- what was completed since the last meeting
what remains in the Next queue
- the number of free slots to fill
- the deadline for submitting and discussing proposals (should be set to the day before the meeting)
The day before the meeting, the Product Strategist and Project Lead:
- meets to create a proposal based on the discussion that happened on the list
sends the items they propose to fill the Next queue to the mailing list
- The meeting is capped at 30 minutes.
- The Project Lead presents the proposal and the rationale behind the item selected.
- The proposal is discussed and may be amended. We try to reach
consensus, but the Strategist is the final arbiter.
- The Project Lead:
- update the meeting wiki page with the discussion and resolution taken during the meeting.
- sends an email to the list with the same content
updates the kanban board
- A date for the next meeting is agreed upon.