← Revision 126 as of 2022-02-11 15:30:47
delete obsolte / broken link
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|#acl launchpadTeamACL:read,write All:read||#########
##### any ACL that ends in TeamACL is an openid team. If you create a page with the same name you'll mess up access
###acl launchpadTeamACL:read,write All:read
###acl launchpaddevTeamACL:read,write All:read
|Line 6:||Line 9:|
|= Welcome to Launchpad Dev =
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:25%; background:#fff; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Quick links'''||
|| [[https://help.launchpad.net/NewToLaunchpad|Get started with Launchpad]]<<BR>>[[https:///help.launchpad.net|Get help with Launchpad]] ||
|= Launchpad Development Wiki =
[[https://launchpad.net|Launchpad]] is a platform that helps people and teams work together on free software. It is hosted by Canonical, Ltd, and is open source software, licensed under the [[LaunchpadLicense|GNU Affero General Public License, version 3]].
This wiki is for Launchpad '''development'''. If you're just looking for help ''using'' Launchpad (including help with its [[https://help.launchpad.net/API|APIs]]), please visit the [[https://help.launchpad.net/|help wiki]]. But if you're a heavy user of Launchpad who wants to help shape its future, then this is the wiki for you. You might also want to look at the [[http://lpqateam.canonical.com/doc/|documentation in the Launchpad tree]].
||<tablestyle="width: 100%; text-align: center;" colspan=4 style="background: #2a2929; font-weight: bold; color: #f6bc05;">I want to...||
||'''~+[[Getting|Get the source code]]+~''' || '''~+[[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/running.html|Build and run Launchpad]]+~''' || '''~+[[Help|Get help]]+~''' || '''~+[[WikiConventions|Improve this wiki]]+~''' ||
||'''~+[[Hacking|Navigate the code]]+~'''||'''~+[[FixBugs|Find a bug to work on]]+~'''||'''~+[[PatchSubmission|Submit a patch]]+~''' || '''~+[[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html|Read the FAQ]]+~''' ||
||'''~+[[https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad|Submit a bug]]+~'''|| || || ||
== Parts of Launchpad ==
* [[Foundations|Foundations]] - everything that holds Launchpad together
* [[Translations]] - translating programs into multiple languages
* [[Registry]] - people, projects and teams
* [[Bugs]] - the bug tracker
* [[Code]] - version control
* [[Answers]] - knowledge base
* [[Blueprint]] - collaborative design
* [[Soyuz]] - packaging
== Process ==
* [[PolicyAndProcess|Index of our official policies and processes]]
* '''[[LaunchpadEnhancementProposalProcess| LEP: Launchpad Enhancement Proposal]]''' - How to propose a change to Launchpad
* [[Trunk|Where's trunk?]] Finding the "master" branch for Launchpad.
* [[CleaningUpOurCode | Cleaning up our code]]
* [[CoverLetters|Standard merge proposal cover letters]]
* [[PQMCommitMessages | PQM commit message style guide]]
* How to [[BugHandling|report bugs about Launchpad]], and how to [[BugTriage|triage them]].
* [[WorkingWithDbDevel|Pitfalls when working with the db-devel branch]]
* [[ContributorAgreement|Contributor Agreement]]
* [[Reviews|the review process]] How to get a [[PatchSubmission|patch]] reviewed.
* LaunchpadPpa - How we manage the Launchpad dependencies PPA
* [[Testing|Writing and running the Launchpad test suite.]]
|Line 11:||Line 55:|
|Launchpad is a suite of tools that help people and teams to work together on free software.||<<Anchor(guides)>>
== Guides ==
Things to consider in preparing patches.
|Line 13:||Line 59:|
|=== Structural ===
* [[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/explanation/architecture.html|Architecture guide]]
|Line 14:||Line 62:|
|This is the Launchpad team's development wiki. It's used for the development of Launchpad. This wiki hosts feature specifications, process descriptions and documentation for Launchpad. If you are looking for help with Launchpad, please visit the [[https://help.launchpad.net/|Launchpad Help Wiki]]. This wiki is not meant for casual users but rather for heavy users of Launchpad (e.g. Ubuntu Core Devs, MOTU, Launchpad Devs, etc.).||=== Python ===
* [[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/python.html|Python style guide]]
* [[LazrStyleGuide | Style guide for Lazr projects]]
* [[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/tests.html | Tests Style Guide]]
* [[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/exceptions.html|Exception Guidelines]]
* [[ErrorExplanations|Error explanations]]
* [[LaunchpadSecurityPolicy | Launchpad security policy]]
|Line 16:||Line 72:|
|=== User interface ===
* [[UI|Everything UI]]
* [[DeveloperDocumentation/UserInterfaceChecklist|User interface checklist]]
|Line 17:||Line 77:|
=== Database ===
* [[Database/Performance | database performance guide]]
== Tools ==
* [[https://dev.launchpad.net/AbentleyUsingLooms|How abentley uses looms]]
== External documentation ==
* [[https://pagetemplates.readthedocs.io/en/latest/history/TALSpecification14.html|TAL]] - Specification
* [[https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/zopebook/ZPT.html|Using Zope Page Templates]] - Although written for Zope2, it is valid for Zope3
* [[https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/zopebook/AdvZPT.html|Advanced Page Templates]] - Written for Zope2, but valid for Zope3
* [[https://muthukadan.net/docs/zca.html|Zope components]] (Interfaces)
* [[https://dev.launchpad.net/DeveloperLibrary|DeveloperLibrary]] recommends some books
* [[https://launchpad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/|Documentation in the Launchpad tree]]
Launchpad Development Wiki
Launchpad is a platform that helps people and teams work together on free software. It is hosted by Canonical, Ltd, and is open source software, licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3.
This wiki is for Launchpad development. If you're just looking for help using Launchpad (including help with its APIs), please visit the help wiki. But if you're a heavy user of Launchpad who wants to help shape its future, then this is the wiki for you. You might also want to look at the documentation in the Launchpad tree.
I want to...
Parts of Launchpad
Foundations - everything that holds Launchpad together
Translations - translating programs into multiple languages
Registry - people, projects and teams
Bugs - the bug tracker
Code - version control
Answers - knowledge base
Blueprint - collaborative design
Soyuz - packaging
LEP: Launchpad Enhancement Proposal - How to propose a change to Launchpad
Where's trunk? Finding the "master" branch for Launchpad.
LaunchpadPpa - How we manage the Launchpad dependencies PPA
Things to consider in preparing patches.